1. PURPOSE OF THIS NOTICE
This notice describes how we collect and use personal data about you, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the Data Protection Act 1998 and any other national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, as amended or updated from time to time, in the UK (‘Data Protection Legislation’).
Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal data.
In summary, we do not sell, rent or otherwise make personal information commercially available to any third party.
2. ABOUT US
Great North Research & Innovation Ltd is a biotechnology research and development company. We are registered in England and Wales as a private limited company under number 09974661 and our registered address is Sandgate House, 102 Quayside, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 3DX.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Legislation and this notice, we are the ‘data controller’. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal data about you. We are required, similar to all other organisations, under the Data Protection Legislation to notify you of the information contained in this privacy notice.
3. THE KIND OF INFORMATION WE HOLD ABOUT YOU
We may collect personal information from you in the course of our business, including through your use of our Website, when you contact or request information from us, when you engage our services, or where you provide services to us or as a result of your relationship with one or more of our staff and clients.
The personal information that we use includes:
Basic information, such as your name (including name prefix or title), the company you work for, your title or position and possibly your relationship to other persons;
Contact information, such as your postal address, email address and phone number(s);
Technical information, such as information from your visits to our website or applications or in relation to materials and communications we send to you electronically;
Information you provide to us for the purposes of attending meetings and events, including access and dietary requirements; and
Any other information relating to you which you may provide to us.
4. HOW WE MAY COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The categories of data listed in Paragraph 3 are collected in the following ways:
We collect information from you as part of our know your client (KYC) processes and about you and others as necessary in the course of providing business services;
We gather information about you when you provide it to us, or interact with us directly, for instance engaging with our staff, making contact with us via email or on our website, or by registering details via digital platforms and/or applications; and
Any personal data you give to us in meetings may also be retained by us.
When you use our website, we will automatically collect technical information about the device you use to visit, including your IP address, browser type/version and related settings.
Where you provide services to us, we will take administrative personal data (personal contact details of your personnel or representatives) to enable us to administer our relationship with you and receive the necessary goods and services from you.
5. HOW WE USE PERSONAL DATA WE HOLD ABOUT YOU
Your personal data is primarily to enable us to administer our relationship with you, and/or to supply you with the appropriate services that you have asked us to provide. We also may use your personal information:
• To provide and improve our website, including auditing and monitoring its use;
• To provide and improve our services to you and to our clients
• To provide information requested by you;
• To promote our services, including sending updates, publications and details of events. You can opt-out at any time and when you opt out, we will no longer contact you until you ask us to, and we will not prompt you to do so; and
• To manage and administer our relationship with you.
Technical information we collect about your visit to our Website is used to enable us to:
• Personalise and improve its functionality and security (to keep it safe and secure);
• Administer and monitor traffic and behaviours on our Website for analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes; and
• Ensure that we can offer you the most effective and efficient browsing experience and make improvements where necessary.
Where we change our services, or any applicable terms and conditions, we will contact you.
Meetings, events and seminars:
• We will collect and use personal information about you in relation to your attendance at our offices or at an event or seminar organised by us or our business partners. We will only use special categories of personal information about your dietary or access requirements in order to cater for your needs and to meet any other legal or regulatory obligations we may have.
6. DATA RETENTION
We will only retain your personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it is collected. When assessing what retention period is appropriate for your personal data, we take into consideration:
• the requirements of our business and the services provided;
• the purposes for which we originally collected the personal data;
• the types of personal data we have collected;
• the amount and categories of your personal data; and
• whether the purpose could reasonably be fulfilled by other means.
7. CHANGE OF PURPOSE
Where we need to use your personal data for another reason, other than for the purpose for which we collected it, we will only use your personal data where that reason is compatible with the original purpose.
Should it be necessary to use your personal data for a new purpose, we will notify you and communicate the legal basis which allows us to do so.
8. DATA SHARING
We may share your personal information with certain trusted third parties in accordance with contractual arrangements in place with them, including:
Our professional advisers;
Suppliers to whom we outsource certain support services such as;
IT and Cloud Services/Marketing service providers to Great North Research & Innovation;
Third parties involved in hosting or organising events or seminars.
If in the future we re-organise or transfer all or part of our business, we may need to transfer your information to new Great North Research & Innovation entities or to third parties through which the business of Great North Research & Innovation will be carried out.
We do not sell, rent or otherwise make personal information commercially available to any third party.
9. DATA SECURITY
We have put in place commercially reasonable and appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
10. RIGHTS OF ACCESS, CORRECTION, ERASURE
Your rights in connection with personal data.
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
• Request access to your personal data. This enables you to receive details of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are using it lawfully.
• Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you.
• Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to use it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have exercised your right to object to its use (see below).
• Request to opt out of any direct marketing activity.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, contact us using the details noted in Paragraph 13.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may refuse to comply if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
11. RIGHT TO WITHDRAW CONSENT
In the circumstances where you may have provided your consent to the collection, use and transfer of your personal data for a specific purpose (for example, in relation to direct marketing that you have indicated you would like to receive from us), you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific use at any time. To withdraw your consent, please email info@GNRI-Biomed.co.uk
12. CHANGES TO THIS NOTICE
Any changes we may make to our privacy notice in the future will be updated on our website at www.GNRI-Biomed.co.uk
This privacy notice was last updated on 19 June 2020
13. CONTACT US
Great North Research & Innovation
0333 050 9275